The SD-1 Solar Aerator will efficiently aerate ponds up to 1 acre. Made with high-quality, American-Made components, the SD-1 provides low-maintenance, high-volume Solar Aeration on any site. No batteries, AC wiring, or electrician are needed, saving you time and money. A brushless compressor offers over 3 times the system life of brushed permanent magnetic motors.
A Few SD-1-PM Features:
- 2.8 CFM @ 10 PSI
- High-E Rocking Piston Compressor
- Low-Light Operation - Runs with as little as 6% Sunlight
- Very EASY & FAST installation
- Extremely Quiet - less than 65db @6'
- Pole-Mount Enclosure, Backpanel & Hardware
- High-Flow enclosure ventilation
- Fiberglass Reinforced Enclosure will never rust
- High-Efficiency Digital Motor Controller
- Intake filter/silencers with replaceable filter cartridges
- Industry Exclusive Standard 5-year Warranty on all non-wearable parts
- Dramatically increased daily run hours
- Rated depth of 30'+
- 300-Watt Full-Size 60-Cell Solar Module (39"x65")
For a full list of features and specifications, click here: BLDC spec sheet
The SD-1-PM kit includes:
- Complete compressor/control system
- (1) 60-Cell Solar Module & Adjustable Pole-Top Mount
- Pole mount enclosure with mounting hardware
- (1) DB36 Diffuser
- (1) 100' x 3/8" Weighted Hose
- PV Cables
- Easy to Follow Instructions
- Full TECH SUPPORT
- Standard 5-year Warranty on all non-wearable parts
Should you add a second panel?
The SD-1 package comes with a single 60-Cell solar panel. This panel provides approximately 2x the power required by the compressor for full-speed operation under even moderate lighting conditions. Many (if not most) customers choose to add a 2nd module to SD-1 & SD-2 systems that must operate during periods of very low light and/or possible snow cover. The additional panel will not change the operation of the compressor on a sunny day, but extends the run time quite dramatically during times of low light and cloudy weather. Adding a 2nd panel will allow an SD-1 or SD-2 aerator to run very well during very dark, overcast conditions - even during rain or snowfall.
Customer supplies a 3" (3.5" OD) SCH40/SCH80 steel mounting pole.